LookML error: The field "fieldnamehere" is of type "string" but is listening to a filter of type "field_filter" that specifies a field of type "(?)"

Hi, 

I am getting this warning when I validate in LookML. I have a filter for currency (filter name: Currency).

What is confusing is that there are several fields that listen to this filter, but only some fields have this warning. Moreover, all the fields that have a warning are all in the same model. The LookML dashboard is also in the same model. 

This is what one of element looks like (the errors shows up for all elements where there is a ‘listen’ to the ‘Currency’ filter. The script for filter is also given below.

element parameters..

listen:
      Reconciliation Date: view1.field1
      Currency: cash_advance_balances_daily.currency

filters:
  - name: Reconciliation Date

- name: Currency
    title: Currency
    type: field_filter
    model: core
    explore: multi_currency_conversion_batches
    field: fx_conversion_orders_request.source_currency. #this is of string type 
    default_value: 'EUR'
    allow_multiple_values: true
    required: true
    ui_config:
      type: dropdown_menu
      display: inline
      options
      - EUR

1 2 195
2 REPLIES 2

I have this same problem, I’m not sure how to deal with it. I’m trying to find a workaround but I haven’t found anything yet

I managed to solve this problem by changing to the filter for Currency. I used a different field for currency in the same model where the LookML dashboard was created. 

I originally got the error when I moved the LookML dashboard script from one model to another model, and I left the filter as it is. But as soon as I changed to filter to another field that was available in the new model as where the dashboard was moved to , the error was fixed. 

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors