Link not passing dashboard filter value

I’m trying generate a list of dashboard names that link to the referenced dashboard.  In order to accomplish this, I’ve created a new view with derived table containing the list that I need.  In this view, I’ve attempted to add a link parameter to the necessary dimension.  I’ve also tried by an html parameter instead of that link parameter. The dashboard number is being picked up by “{{ dim_dashboards.dashboard_name._value }}” but the filter’s value is not being passed no matter how I try to do it.  We really need to be able to make this link dynamic, so that it picks up the first dashboard’s filters and sends to the linked dashboard.

I’ve done this before on existing dimensions in existing views, but I cannot get it to work in this new use-case.

view: dim_dashboards {
derived_table: {
sql: select 'Dash1' as description, 209 as number
union all
select 'Dash2' as description, 210 as number
union all
select 'Dash3' as description, 211 as number
union all
select 'Dash4' as description, 212 as number
;;
}

dimension: dashboard_name {
type: string
sql: ${TABLE}.description ;;
link: {
label: "{{ dim_dashboards.dashboard_name._value }}"
url: "/dashboards-next/{{ dim_dashboards.number._value }}?f[dim_date.calendar_date]={{ _filters['dim_date.calendar_date'] }}"
}
# html: <a href="https://instance.looker.com/dashboards-next/{{dim_dashboards.number._value}}?f[dim_date.calendar_date]={{ _filters['dim_date.calendar_date'] }}" target="_new">{{ value }} </a>;;
}

dimension: number {
type: number
sql: ${TABLE}.number ;;
}
}

Any idea what I’m missing?

0 0 144
0 REPLIES 0
Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors