join an explore with all its existing joins

Hi! 

I want to join explore A to explore B in my data model in lookml. Explore A was defined earlier in the model and has a lot of other joins inside it.

Is there a way to join these two with primary explore = B without defining again all the joins that were previously defined for explore A?

Thanks!

Solved Solved
0 2 644
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Carolina1 ,

You could try to use our extends feature. “This parameter allows you to build upon the content and settings from another Explore, using the other Explore as a starting point.”

If you have Explore A and Explore B, you could extend A into B or create a new Explore C, where you extend both A and B. You would just want to make sure the views are accessible based on joining the tables together in the new explore. Generally, the extended explore must be joined to the view that the base explore is based on. 

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Eric

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Carolina1 ,

You could try to use our extends feature. “This parameter allows you to build upon the content and settings from another Explore, using the other Explore as a starting point.”

If you have Explore A and Explore B, you could extend A into B or create a new Explore C, where you extend both A and B. You would just want to make sure the views are accessible based on joining the tables together in the new explore. Generally, the extended explore must be joined to the view that the base explore is based on. 

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Eric

dorch
Participant I
Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors