Question

How to hide view label/group label from drill fields when display to the user

• 8 March 2017
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi, Right now whenever I add drill_fileds to dimensions, it will display view_label.label. Is it possible to just display label without view_label, like what we have in table visulization to hide view reference?

7 replies

Userlevel 3

Hey @kshah7, we currently don’t have a way of customizing the column names in the drill modal but I can let our product team know you’d like to have that feature!

Userlevel 2

Hi Paola, thanks for letting product team know about the request. What is the update or expected implementation for this in next releases?

Userlevel 3

Hey @kshah7, we don’t currently have an update or timeline for this request but it is something that our product team is aware of. Thanks for checking in!

I have been able to achieve what you want to do using information in the following link More Powerful Data Drilling and setting show_view_names property to false.

Has this feature ever been implemented? Trying to do the same thing

Userlevel 3

For standard drills this has not been changed, as we do not have the view names/field picker on the left to designate the source for the fields. The workaround given above by @Addax has been implemented in situations where a custom drill is needed without view names More Powerful Data Drilling.

This is definitely something we’re still interested in. We don’t really want our base data source name exposed and this looks really messy to our customers. Our drills are too prevalent and generic to make the custom drill solution viable.