Getting odd results when trying to commit a single change (multiple files listed that I have not changed)

• We have a large, central data team that contains multiple subteams (data engineering, data governance etc.).
  • To serve the data team, we have created 1 Looker project, containing multiple model files (one model for each subteam).
  • Each team has a folder that contains their model file and associated views and explores.
  • I have made some changes to one of the models (deleted a view file).
  • But when I go to commit changes, the list of files shown below the commit message is really long and contains files from other folders/subteams - in other words, it is listing files that I haven’t changed, but that I assume have been changed by other developers in the overall project.

Is this normal? When I have committed changes in the past, the list of files shown below the commit message have always corresponded to changes that I have made on my personal branch.

0 1 58
1 REPLY 1

UPDATE: this has now been resolved. Turns out a subteams folders had been accidentally dragged from the root directory and into another subteams folder - this made it seem as though all the files for both folders had changed, which was why they were being flagged during the commit.

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors