Getting Extended Views to work

Ben_Zitney
Participant III

I’m experimenting with extending views but haven’t been able to get the dimensions/measures from the extended view to show up in any explores. 

Once the extended view is created, is it automatically included in all of the same explores as the base view? Or is there an additional step required?

Solved Solved
0 2 265
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dawid
Participant V

You’re talking about extending views but then you want to include explores? You need to be specific here. But, either way, whether you’re talking about extending views or explores, you still need to add all the same JOINs, as JOINs do not come with the extension and they’re not a reusable piece of code..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Dawid
Participant V

You’re talking about extending views but then you want to include explores? You need to be specific here. But, either way, whether you’re talking about extending views or explores, you still need to add all the same JOINs, as JOINs do not come with the extension and they’re not a reusable piece of code..

Ben_Zitney
Participant III

Yep, it makes more sense now. I refactored the model to build off of the extended view rather than the original view and got the result I was looking for

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors