Get more than 1000 suggestions in drop down meny

Hello, I have a case where I would like more than 1000 suggestions in a filter (~1400 to be exact). I really want to show all the options to avoid confusion for the end user.

I’m using a dashboard with a parameter filter like this. It works okay but it looks like suggestions are limited to 1000 result.

parameter: my_parameter {
type: string
suggest_explore: my_explore
suggest_dimension: my_dimension
}

What are my options?

0 3 77
3 REPLIES 3

It looks like there’s no way to control this as it’s kind of a default query Looker sends to the database. I can see, however, how this could be a problem.

On the other hand, if one of your users sees the suggestion box, do you think they will scroll through 1400 options or will they start typing to narrow it down? 

On the other hand, if one of your users sees the suggestion box, do you think they will scroll through 1400 options or will they start typing to narrow it down? 

Many will probably start typing but some people are not as used to BI tools in general. The main problem I have is if they scroll down they will se results from like A-N rather than A-Z, which could look like the last results in the list are not available in the dashboard.

We will probably survive this but thought it was worth a shot ?

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors