full suggestions not working

When I add a dimension with full suggestions set to “yes” as a dashboard filter it comes up with “No Results”. I think this may be due to the fact that the table suffix must be selected by a parameter. Any ideas how to get my suggestions to work?

0 2 818
2 REPLIES 2

The most common reason why filter suggestions aren’t appearing is because they’re pulling from a cache that’s empty. The filter suggestion cache is entirely separate from the explore cache, so clearing cache on a dashboard/explore won’t affect your filter suggestions. I’d recommend adding 

suggest_persist_for: "1 second"

on your dimension to clear out that filter suggestion cache.

If your table is dynamic and set by a parameter value, this could be impacting it as well since filter suggestions are just another query based off of the underlying table. I’d recommend setting a default value to your parameter and then adding suggest_persist_for as well.

More info on that parameter here: https://docs.looker.com/reference/field-params/suggest_persist_for

Hi Annie,

Adding the default value somewhat works. However when I change the parameter value it doesn’t change the filter suggestions. Basically I have a parameter that allows the dashboard user to select the table to query off of. The other filters that I am adding should also query off of that same table, but when I add a default value they only give selections based on the defaulted value of the parameter. Is there a way to fix this?

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors