Filter to always have OR 'field' IS NULL

Is there a simple way, without going into creating separate parameters and sql_always_where to set a field to always have include the null values too?

Joining 2 tables, filter some value from table1 but the join produced nulls in that column but I still want the unmatched items from table2. So I would have to add the filter field and have it include null for everything. 

Rather not try to train the users to do that but don’t to throw down a lot of code if possible.

3 2 1,812
2 REPLIES 2

Declan

I don’t have an answer but I’m running into the same issue so giving this a bump. Or alternatively is there a way to apply a filter condition to a Left Join clause instead of the Where clause without setting up templated liquid filters for every dimension of that table?

That’s a good thought. That is possible but only if you use parameters, again. It would be simpler to do it that way compared to what I came up with for now.

Really hope we can have an or_null:yes option to add to dimensions that we could set that with a parameter at some point.

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors