Error: Dimension containing a link joined into a explore causing blank screen when used

When I try to bring a dimension into a Look my page just goes blank. I have isolated the cause but am unsure of the best solution to workaround this. I believe the error is a bug.

The problem is:

• I have two views A and B. In explore 1 I join view B to view A.
  • In the join I define fields that should be joined from B, called X, Y, Z.
  • In view B, X is field that contains a url link (defined through the link field)
  • If I try to use X in my Look, Looker just dies and my browser just goes totally white.
  • However, if I remove the URL links from X, the page loads fine.
  • Further, if I join every field from view B - by not specifying specifically that fields X, Y, Z should be joined - the page also loads fine.

This would suggest Looker has an issue joining specific fields from views that contain URL links.

The blank screen I hit is strange, it sounds like the same outcome as in this issue, although the solution in this issue did not work. 

Since the URL links are important, as a workaround I have chosen to just join everything from view B. However this is very cluttered and ideally I’d only join specific fields.

Has anyone heard of this issue before? Or have any suggestions of solutions I can try?

1 0 86
0 REPLIES 0
Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors