Datagroup Status: "Waiting for Trigger Checks". PDT's won't automatically rebuild

I set up a new Datagroup Trigger but the trigger check does not seem to be running. In my PDT Maintenance schedule I have the cron set to 0/10 * * * *, indicating every 10 minutes, trigger check should run. The logic of my Datagroup is as follows:

datagroup: dbt_trigger {
max_cache_age: "1 hour"
sql_trigger: select max(subscription_item_id) from stitch.analytics.my_table;;
}

I have

datagroup_trigger: dbt_trigger

set in the view I want to persist. I am not defining any persistence strategy in the explore, as I understand that is unnecessary, having specified it in the view. However, I have gone the rounds of adding a persist_with to both the models, as well as the individual explores within the model, to try making this work. All have been unsuccessful.

As noted in the title, it doesn’t seem like the datgroup checks are working at all.

My database connection is good, as I can manually rebuild my derived tables, but unable to automate rebuilding of the 

0 1 690
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Rabotyaga - try using persist_with: dbt_trigger in the explore, or persist_for: “1 hour” in the explore. The datagroup trigger in the view will rebuild a derived table each time the trigger value is updated. If there is no update, it won’t clear the cache. So you’ll want the persist with in the explore to clear cache hourly and the datagroup trigger to rebuild the view when the max subscription_item_id is changed. 

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors