Dashboard access by using User Attributes

Hi Friends, I have a requirement like have to provide access of a Dashboards by using User attributes.

I have created a user attribute how can i use this User Attribute to access a Dashboard 

Solved Solved
1 2 799
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @sivaprasad 

If we do not want to allow the users to see the dashboard at all we would most likely want to add it to a specific folder/space where the group of users does not have access to view the content within the folder/space. This article has some more details on content access. 

With user attributes, we could add a required access grants parameter on the Explore or explores used for the tiles on the dashboard -- we can even add this parameter on the field and/or view level. We would define an access_grant in the model and specify the allowed values of the user attribute. This way we can permit specific groups of users to be able to see or access the fields.  If the user does not have a value specified in the access grant field defined in the model or models, they cannot access the content. They will still be able to see the dashboard (navigate to the page), the fields/tiles will appear as blank though. 

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Thanks,

Eric

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @sivaprasad 

If we do not want to allow the users to see the dashboard at all we would most likely want to add it to a specific folder/space where the group of users does not have access to view the content within the folder/space. This article has some more details on content access. 

With user attributes, we could add a required access grants parameter on the Explore or explores used for the tiles on the dashboard -- we can even add this parameter on the field and/or view level. We would define an access_grant in the model and specify the allowed values of the user attribute. This way we can permit specific groups of users to be able to see or access the fields.  If the user does not have a value specified in the access grant field defined in the model or models, they cannot access the content. They will still be able to see the dashboard (navigate to the page), the fields/tiles will appear as blank though. 

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Thanks,

Eric

It would be great if we could see this added in the functionality added in the future. 
Being able to use Liquid Filters in the URL attribute of Link would open way more use cases.

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors