Custom Dimension selection doesn't register when creating custom measure

Overview: This is a bug I encountered with the ‘Field to Measure’ dropdown in the Custom Measure creation modal. I needed to create a custom measure from a custom dimension. When selecting the custom dimension from the ‘Field to Measure’ dropdown, the form does not recognize my selection, and displays the ‘Select a field...’ text instead. Surprisingly, when saving the Custom Measure my selection persists.

Expected behavior: I would expect my custom dimension selection to display after selecting it. This behavior gives the impression that custom measures don’t support custom dimensions and my custom measure won’t work properly. 

Steps to reproduce:

• Create a new custom dimension named ‘Widgets’
  • Click ‘+ Add’
  • Click ‘Custom Measure’
  • Select the ‘Field to measure’ dropdown, and select ‘Widgets’
  • ‘Field to measure’ displays ‘Select a field...’, however the ‘Measure type’ dropdown has appeared.
  • From the ‘Measure type’ dropdown, select ‘Average’
  • Edit the ‘Name’ field so that it reads ‘Average Widgets’
  • Click ‘Save’
  • On the left hand menu, click the three dots next to the ‘Average Widgets’ measure. Then click ‘Edit’
  • Under the ‘Field to measure’ dropdown, ‘Widgets’ is now displayed.
d58a0c75-1568-4014-aea9-d8840041e1a3.png
After selecting the custom dimension, the Field to measure dropdown reverts to its initial state. The remainder of the form can be completed, and my custom dimension selection does get submitted when saving the form.
0 0 279
0 REPLIES 0
Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors