Currency conversion

Hi, We are having multiple currency revenue in a table. I want to convert them all in one currency USD. How can i do that 

0 6 783
6 REPLIES 6

Dawid
Participant V

You would need to join your currency table to the source table in question and either create a new dimension that has converted value or edit the existing one.

You would need to join your currency table to the source table in question and either create a new dimension that has converted value or edit the existing one.

Do you think using html parameter is right here? 

measure: total_revenue_k {
    sql: ${totals_total_transaction_revenue}/1000000 ;;
    type: sum_distinct
    label: "Revenue (in K)"
    group_label: "Revenue"
    # value_format_name: eur
    value_format: "#,##0.0,\" K\""
    html: {% if businessunit._value == 'NationalPen-GB-198098070' %}
          {{rendered_value}}
          {% elsif businessunit._value == 'NationalPen-JP-188544452' %}
          ¥{{rendered_value}}
          {% elsif businessunit._value == 'NationalPen-AU-228862076'  %}
          A${{rendered_value}}
          {% elsif businessunit._value == 'NationalPen-NZ-228907826'  %}

Dawid
Participant V

If you want to change the currency sign then html parameter is the way to go. I’m assuming that you joined the currency conversion view already and that ${totals_total_transaction_revenue} is already a calculation that contains the fx_rate?

If you want to change the currency sign then html parameter is the way to go. I’m assuming that you joined the currency conversion view already and that ${totals_total_transaction_revenue} is already a calculation that contains the fx_rate?

Hi, ${totals_total_transaction_revenue} is the table where revenue is stored. I haven't joined currency conversion view so far. i think i need to create one and join. Do you have any example for the same. Thanks in advance 

Dawid
Participant V

I don’t, since I do this in the Data Warehouse and only select a conversion currency as a parameter.

Do you have your currency conversion as daily? In order to help you we would need to see more of your code

I don’t, since I do this in the Data Warehouse and only select a conversion currency as a parameter.

Do you have your currency conversion as daily? In order to help you we would need to see more of your code

I dont do currency conversion daily. I think i shall update conversion rates in a separate tables and then joining might help me

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors