Can tables within the same schema become a filter?

jchan

There are many tables in our database having the same structure, and all of them need to add some customized measures.

For example, the tables named test1, test2, … test50.
These tables all have columns [ id, name, contract, earnings...] , and I need to create some frequently-used sql query as measures like [total_earnings, investment_count, ...] in each view.

However, it’s inefficient for me to keep adding identical dimensions/measures after the new table/view generated. I’ve tried using a parameter to filter different tables, so that I could use only one view:

derived_table: {
sql:
select * from schema.{% parameter tables %}
;;
}

parameter: tables {
type: string
}

But the variable `tables` return not found in the query, I’m wondering how could I modify this or maybe there’s a better approach?  

Many thanks!

0 3 125
3 REPLIES 3

Have you tried changing your parameter to type: unquoted?

jchan

@Dawid , thanks for your advice.

But changing to unquoted type seems not work in this case, if you have another workarounds please elaborate on that. Thanks a lot for help.

This wasn’t a workaround. When a paratmeter is a keyword like a field or table name, it has to be unquoted, otherwise, though depending on the dialect, you would have SELECT * FROM schema.”table” so for this to work it has to be unquoted. Based on what you provided, I don’t know where the problem might be

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors