Can I extend my view with another view, and have derived table at the same time?

Can I extend my view with another view, and have derived table at the same time?

Solved Solved
0 3 1,090
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That’s right. Derived table is a source table for your view and so is sql_table_name, hence it has to be one or the other. 

If what you want to add can’t be built off the existing measures and dimensions (otherwise you could use a refinement) then it should be in your Data Model (aka. change the view itself)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Have you tried it? What is the concept behind what you’re trying to do?

Yeah I have tried it and it did not work.

So I have a view that was properly defined with a lot of measures and dimension. 

However, I wanted to add a few more details to the view. But I do not wish to 

make changes on the view itself. 

So my idea was to create a new view, extend the previous view, and add a derived table

for additional details.  However, apparently they were not designed to work at the same time. 

That’s right. Derived table is a source table for your view and so is sql_table_name, hence it has to be one or the other. 

If what you want to add can’t be built off the existing measures and dimensions (otherwise you could use a refinement) then it should be in your Data Model (aka. change the view itself)

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors