Can I create a Dimension or Measure for the earliest/latest date in a range defined by a user in an explore?

I want to create either a dimension or a measure that will capture the earliest and latest dates in a date range defined by a user in an explore. For example, if in an explore I set a date range filter for March 1, 2022 - March 5, 2022, I want to have something that will return March 1 for the earliest date, and another thing that will return March 5 for the latest date. If the user sets a different date range, like April 2 - 4 instead, I want the same things to return April 2 and April 4, respectively.

Essentially, I want to be able to return the duration of time for a user-defined time interval. Since my data includes null values for some dates, I cannot just use count_distinct on the dates column, as dates with null values would not be included. I want to know if there’s a way to create a dimension or measure based only on the filters that a user would define within an explore.

Solved Solved
0 1 968
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ok i found this which solves my issue!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ok i found this which solves my issue!

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors