Calculating the number of business/working days in a month excluding holidays,

Hello,

Does anyone know if and how this can be done in Looker and what would be the best way of achieving this?
Basically, I have a dashboard built for our sales team that displays several metrics including yesterday’s sales, MTD sales…
One thing I’m missing is the projected sales volume for the month.
The formula for this is pretty simple, (current MTD volume / number of working sales days so far in the month) / total number of sales/working/business days which would exclude holidays.
This last part, total number of business days, is what I’m having trouble calculating.
Is this something that can be done in Looker?

Thanks,

0 4 3,161
4 REPLIES 4

Looker doesn’t have access to any information about holidays. You would need to include something like that in your data modelling layer, usually in a calendar table.

Thank you Dawid!

Hi @LookerUserSU , I have the same issue. Would you like to share your solution, if any?

I believe to solve such issues there either should be a column in fact table that specifies for each date whether its a working or holiday or else once the fact is joined with calendar table, the column in calendar table having this info must be used in a COUNTIF function to arrive at number of working days.

~Ashish

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors