Alignment for Null values not working

hwimoon
Participant II

For some reason, my alignment is not working for null values. It is very weird that all numerical values are aligned correctly. Also, using “COALESCE” does not work in this case.

Is there a way I can fix this? Please let me know!Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 6.19.46 PM

1 4 260
4 REPLIES 4

Are you using some custom HTML to align this, or the built-in table alignment?

If the latter, I think it’s a bug and we’ll want to fix it.

If the former, it’s a more long-standing feature request/expected behavior, that happens because when a value is null Looker doesn’t really render anything besides ø. One thing you can do here is add a coalesce in the SQL of your MTD rtn field to coalesce null values to “N/A” or -1 or something that you can then align & color accordingly.

hwimoon
Participant II

Hey izzy,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, both method would not work, and I am very confused. I will try some other methods and will provide an update in this thread!

hwimoon
Participant II

Seems like the built-in alignment functionality for visualization is now working (overriding the HTML formatting)! This is awesome! Thank you so much Izzy.

Glad to hear it 🙂 I was just thinking about this one today. Thanks for checking back in!

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors