Add filters from one view to another view

ammu

I am pretty new to looker. Please check if you can help me on the below

Problem Statement:

I got one main table (say Main.lkml) which holds all my data.

To accommodate a requirement which is involving complex logic, I have created a derived sql view (Derived.lkml)  using the existing Main.lkml file.  - The Derived sql view is working fine with out any filters. (Note: The output of the derived sql is a single number value (only 1 Column)). 

Now I am trying to add filters to my dashboard which is holding looks from both the Main.lkml file and Derived.lkml File. The looks from my derived.lkml file are not getting changed with the filters that I am selecting ( I am referencing dimensions from main.lkml for my filters)

I could understand from the available lookers documents that we can use templated_filters or Parameters to achieve this. But I am not sure on how to do that.

I am able to create a parameters view and join it with the main.lkml view inside a new explore.

1. I am not sure how I can add the parameters to the derived.lkml.
  2. I want to add the parameters in the where clause. With a condition like if the parameter is selected as a filter in the dashboard only then my parameter should get applied to my derived sql in the where clause else it should work without where clause. ( Note I have 10 more parameters to be applied to the where clause as filter for the derived table and all the where clause should work with AND logic

It would be a great help if you can help me with some query on dummy data or some examples for my better understanding.

Also please correct me if my approach is wrong

0 0 442
0 REPLIES 0
Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors