2 different connections 1 model multiple views

I tried checking in other posts and I couldn’t accomplish joining data from 2 different connection.

I have a connection from snowflake and another from BigQuery. I built calendar table in big query and brought it in the model. I am able to query calendar data without error from that view separately. There are no errors when I joined calendar view with Order, Product & Customer views, however when I tried to bring year from Calendar view and order items from Order views, it throws error “SQL compilation error: XXXXXXbigquery does not exist”

Can someone help?

0 5 5,069
5 REPLIES 5

Hello,

In LookML, a model file can use only one single connection:

connection

LookML parameter: Change the database connection for a model.

So I’m not sure you can achieve what you are trying to do.
To my knowledge, the only option to query multiple databases in the same time is using Merge Results but it’s not always possible depending on the use case.

Like @antho said, you cannot query 2 databases in a single query (unless using Merge Result feature).

Why not simply reproducing your calendar table in snowflake? it’s easy enough.

Thank you for your response. I was hoping there is some hack someone tried to make it work

Thank you for your response.

Based on this question and answer is it then possible to have 2 different models in one project that connect to different databases? 

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors