LookerBot - setup issues

Hi all

I’m trying to get LookerBot set up - the integration with Slack. Unfortunately I’ve run into some errors that I don’t know how to get past.

I’ve followed the instructions here (https://github.com/looker/lookerbot) and deployed the app via Heroku. I’ve filled in all the environment variables in Heroku. I know my API credentials (Looker API URL, client secret, and client ID) must be correct since I can authenticate in Postman using these with no problems. I used port 19999, and that worked, so it’s not that either.

In Slack, I’ve grabbed the Bot User OAuth Access Token from the “Install App” tab, and have double checked that’s correct, and put it in “Slack_API_Key”. LOOKER_SLACKBOT_EXPAND_URLS is set to true.

Finally, I’ve added the Lookerbot and looker user to a testing Slack channel. My understanding is that with these pieces in place, Lookerbot should expand URLs when a Looker URL is posted in the channel, right? I can’t get it to do anything at all, which makes me think I’ve missed something in setup.

So, my question is…with this setup, should LookerBot be expanding URLs to show the chart? If not, then how can I simply test it to ensure it’s set up correctly before I try to set up slash commands or similar? I have no idea whether it’s implemented correctly, to be honest. Forgive my newbie question!

0 0 123