Looker API Run LookML Tests timeout issues

I created data redundancy & data is recent LookML tests successfully in the Looker app. Some tests take longer than others, but in the looker app it will go for as long as needed to finish all tests in the file.  However, using the Looker API (I do a get on all tests in the folder & loop through running each one), it times out after the 3rd test in the file with 120 sec timeout error. I tried setting the timeout in the looker.ini file but I think i’m setting it wrong? I do not have admin rights in the looker app to set anything there. Are there any other options to ensure all the tests run successfully by avoiding the timeout? In the looker.ini file I trying settings.timeout=5000 and timeout=5000 with no luck.

0 2 457
2 REPLIES 2

It was user error, in the ini file to set the timeout properly is for example:

timeout=1000

but I had already loaded the ini file so the change I made to add the timeout didn’t matter. I restarted the kernel & redid everything & the timeout works :). I may still need to break up my tests into more files if they still take too long to run (currently 65 tests total between 2 files).

Hi Theresameans,

According to the looker team:

https://community.looker.com/technical-tips-tricks-1021/is-there-a-limit-to-the-number-of-api-reques...

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Leo