Cache does not work for fetching 'All results' via API 3.0

Fetching ‘All results’ was possible using run_inline_query for a Dashboard/Look either by passing no ‘limit’ or by ‘limit’ as -1.
In order to pull the cached data, we have created a datagroup which caches the data for 8 hours.
Because of which we were able to fetch cached data for 5000 rows using schedules for a dashboard, whereas look does not cache at all.
Is there any way to get cached response for ‘All results’?

0 1 361
1 REPLY 1

Hey @Charu_Bharani,

I’ve not had issues myself, but I remember one of developers losing a lot of time to un-documented issues with caching and the API. I reached out and here is what he remembered,

I had the same thing. A datagroup that cached data, but every time I requested the data from the API, it would always show Query as the source of data, never the Cache. I was using the queries/run/json endpoint for that. What I found was that json format (and most of the other file formats) were never causing the query data to be written to cache, so when I would make the same request again, it wouldn’t hit the cache because nothing was written to cache. As a workaround, I did find that queries/run/json_detail did write to cache, and subsequent queries were able to pull from cache, as well, even if I changed the format back to queries/run/json .

This was about a year. Not sure if this helps at all, but thought I’d share.

Kind regards,