Automatic syncing project with git repository

biggie
Participant I

Hello there!

I have been trying to build a script using PythonSDK to automatically pull the data directly to the project from github’s master branch. Is there any possiblity to do so, maybe some of you tried to do something similiar?

There is no problem with syncing it manually inside the project, but I would love to automate this task.

Thank you in advance for your responses.

0 5 915
5 REPLIES 5

biggie
Participant I

Problem is resolved (right after I have posted my first question here) 🙂

It is simple as using reset_project_to_production() function from pythonSDK - it pulls data directly from your repository.

IanT
Participant V

there is a simple hook to do this:

Deploy Webhook: Pulling From Remote Git Repository

The Problem You may occasionally find that the LookML you see in Looker's production mode doesn't match the LookML on the master branch of your Git repository. This most commonly occurs for one of ...

biggie
Participant I

Thanks for your response Ian. It is not exactly what I have been looking for but I am grateful.

IanT
Participant V

You can just curl your URL from python and its synced. If this is not what you are after then if you explain further there might be something else possible.

Hi biggie, I have used this  reset_project_to_production()  function, but still not able to pull remote changes to looker