Support chat option is gone in my instance of Looker

I looked into the permissions and I do not believe anything has changed to cause this. Is there any reason the chat option is all of a sudden not showing up in Looker? 

f87a81c5-99b9-4363-a223-0d32cd6f0cdb.png
2 7 875
7 REPLIES 7

la5rocks
Participant III

Also gone in all three of our on-prem instances:

91538551-9296-4bb2-8c1e-4c5f377d66ac.png

Same problem for our on-prem instance.

la5rocks
Participant III

I’ve learned this was sent out in February 

February 24, 2022

Updates to Looker in-app Chat

In an upcoming Looker update, we’re updating the controls for in-app Chat, which your users may use when engaging with Looker Support, to further align with Google data security and privacy policies. You will need to take action to ensure that you do not lose access to Looker’s in-app Chat Support.

What do I need to do?

For customer-hosted Looker instances: You need to take action. You will need to download the latest updates from one of the following versions (22.2.0+, 22.0.22+, 21.20.40+, 21.18.44+, 21.12.74+, 21.6.78+) that contain the updated controls by March 22, 2022. You will no longer be able to communicate with Looker Support via in-app Chat if you do not update by then.

For Looker-hosted instances: There is no action needed for these instances. They will be updated automatically.

We're here to help

If you have questions or require assistance, please contact the Looker Help Center to submit a request.

yuriy
Participant II

I’ve learned this was sent out in February 

February 24, 2022

Updates to Looker in-app Chat

In an upcoming Looker update, we’re updating the controls for in-app Chat, which your users may use when engaging with Looker Support, to further align with Google data security and privacy policies. You will need to take action to ensure that you do not lose access to Looker’s in-app Chat Support.

What do I need to do?

For customer-hosted Looker instances: You need to take action. You will need to download the latest updates from one of the following versions (22.2.0+, 22.0.22+, 21.20.40+, 21.18.44+, 21.12.74+, 21.6.78+) that contain the updated controls by March 22, 2022. You will no longer be able to communicate with Looker Support via in-app Chat if you do not update by then.

For Looker-hosted instances: There is no action needed for these instances. They will be updated automatically.

We're here to help

If you have questions or require assistance, please contact the Looker Help Center to submit a request.

Hi there. Just upgrade one of the instances to 22.4.29, but still don’t see the chat option. Please advise. 

Thank you

Mine upgraded to 22.6.37, but the chat option still not show up. And not so sure about what the ‘support access’ is? 

Hello Everyone,

I am Arpna from Looker’s Department of Customer Love (DCL).
After upgrading to the looker supported version, you need to reach out to looker support (support@looker.com) to get the in-chat option re-enabled on your instance.

Hope this helps 🙂

Best Regards,
Arpna.

@Ruby2 Support access is a feature using which the looker support analysts can log into your instance to debug the issues you are facing or to investigate an issue on a deeper level.
You need to enable this feature to give the access to the support analyst.
More info on this here:
https://docs.looker.com/admin-options/settings/support-access