Predict Interest rates based on dollar exchange rates

Hi, I am super new to looker and I was wondering if this sort of use case is possible with looker and what sort of data will be required to do so,

Use Case

Use the changes in exchange rates of the US dollar OR Value of Gold to provide a rough estimate about the interest rates banks should expect to give in the coming 3 months (In this example assume that $/GOLD has a direct relationship with interest rates, one goes down and the other will go down)

“how do I find out the interest rate I as a bank should expect to provide for loans given to customers in the coming months?”

This use case was sparked after our boss watched this video : Looker is google for business data 

and in this video they show another use case where a shop owner gets an alert a couple of days prior to an event in the area which will increase foot traffic and to increase the staffing and stock of inventory based on that prediction, How can we do such a use case?

I’d love to get to know more about how those kinds of use cases are done and what sort of data do we need to get those looker predictions, I specially found the foot traffic prediction from the video linked above 😄
Any sort of information will be quite valuable as I am basically a newb in looker with only experience in looker studio (I know I know vastly different ?)

0 0 81
0 REPLIES 0