Defining timeframes for launch comparisons

Hello Community!

I am currently trying to compare launch periods of products and campaigns, however these are not launched within the same time frame each year. Instead, each campaign/product is launched at a different date, but I need to compare the first days, weeks, months, etc. after launch for each product with each other. 

As an example:

Product A: launch in December 2020

Product B: launch in May 2022

I need to compare those 2 launches, even with them having different launch dates, but need to measure and compare the first days, weeks, months, etc. after launch for each product with each other. 

How do I make sure that if we launch Product A in December 2020 and we relaunch a similar product of nature in May 2022 as Product B, that Looker will take the initial weeks and days of launch? 

Any help on what needs to be setup to make sure this is reflected would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

0 1 120
1 REPLY 1

Dawid
Participant V

Create a derivative fields like “Months from Launch” that would be an integer difference in months between launch date and your data (orders, views, whatever the entity). 

Essentially you’re creating cohorts. You can put Launch Month as column and then Months from Launch as pivot to see how they’re performing