New Community Bugs and Questions

er1k
Participant V

I think there are and will be some initial bugs with the new rollout. As there might be many minor issues then I thought to start a new topic around this. Also maybe to include some questions about the new layout.

1 11 567
11 REPLIES 11

er1k
Participant V

To separate different questions and issue then I’ll post mine as a separate post.

The issue that is bothering me constantly is that Community gets stuck with every other post that I’m opening and only refresh helps. (no ablock being used, firefox browser)

Examples:
1. https://streamable.com/59y8u9
2. https://streamable.com/peaaqf

er1k
Participant V

The second one is a question. Is it possible to not see some categories in a recent activity list? Like previously you could ignore some categories.

er1k
Participant V

Thirdly is it possible to search topics/posts by creation date or latest activity date?

Thanks for posting this, Erik! I think it was inevitable that there would be some glitches / changes in functionality and I’m glad they’re being called out so we can address them.

I’ll work through these later today and figure out what’s up with that page hanging. I haven’t seen that happen, ever— Could you open the firefox developer tools and let me know if there are any hanging requests? This looks like it might have something to do with the google analytics being used to do community analytics, which I could tweak if it is causing issues for people.

Dawid
Participant V
  1. Not being able to ue back ticks `test` 
  2. Everything seems squished on the sides but tall, we can’t see many topics when we scroll down past the huge welcome screen. Probably because they contain part of the question but I would rather see more questions
  3. When you scroll down to the end of the topic you get the “did it solve your question?”. It’s not a knowledge base per se and seeing it all the time, every time, gets annyoing. Same with getting the info in the first post:
  4. 698b8c75-da0d-404e-b7da-9a5c2d7c4d6d.png

To be honest UI lacks a bit of life to me. Maybe because I was so used to the gentle UI touches by Discourse like colours of the categories, something that allows you to identify topics on the most recent list, for example.

I also think the space where related topics are on the right hand side could be used better. Either to increase the size of the left column or show recent topics from the same category, rather than related

David_P1
Participant V

Great job @izzymiller on the migration! I know the team is still doing some fine-tuning - here my two cents:

1. Can we have an “infinity scroll” feature in the community pages?  it becomes very difficult to navigate back and forth from pages and having to press the “show more activity” button several times to reach a post (aware of opening in new tab, but better to have it as a default).
  2. Freeze header of webpage for easy navigation
    11eb4a71-5814-4e4d-8bb1-29cbb19c316c.png
  3. Is it possible to enable end-users to define the categories seen on the homepage? personally, I’m not interested in seeing posts from different languages other than English, or some specific topics.
  4. Bit difficult to differentiate post categories/topics. A flair or color tag would help
  5. Would love that pendo was embedded here in the community. Feel there would be more engagement. Otherwise, it will be inevitable that product/feature suggestions are posted here under the improvement idea category.
  6.  Enable the voting system for question/conversation posts as well. Currently, only enabled for community improvement posts. I think it adds more value for the former two post categories than the latter.

er1k
Participant V

Thanks for posting this, Erik! I think it was inevitable that there would be some glitches / changes in functionality and I’m glad they’re being called out so we can address them.

I’ll work through these later today and figure out what’s up with that page hanging. I haven’t seen that happen, ever— Could you open the firefox developer tools and let me know if there are any hanging requests? This looks like it might have something to do with the google analytics being used to do community analytics, which I could tweak if it is causing issues for people.

I’ve learned that this issue only appears when I have denied all Purposes and Vendors for marketing data in the bottom right corner. LinkedIn ads seem to be the main blocker.

For example, this got stuck when randomly opened the topics:

https://www.linkedin.com/px/li_sync?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fpx.ads.linkedin.com%2Fcollect%3Fv%3D2%26f...

2. 698b8c75-da0d-404e-b7da-9a5c2d7c4d6d.png

I’ll get to all of these eventually, (and @er1k I’m working on turning that off, since that is very odd!) but just wanted to say that I’ve disabled this feature on all posts besides “Articles” that are written by Lookers. I agree that it shouldn’t show up everywhere. If it’s still bugging you, let me know— But it’s a nice way for us to know which articles that we actually spent time writing are useful or not.

Keep it coming! Thanks for all of the thoughtful feedback, I really appreciate it.

er1k
Participant V

Am I the only one constantly receiving spam private messages in the community? Also seeing quite many spam posts in the community. Any way to restrict spam filters?

73fc8074-82e9-435b-a3ac-6bcb5a749d21.png

er1k
Participant V

Just highlighting this again. It’s getting worse and worse. Already today many new topics were started by spammers. 

Hey @er1k thank you for the feedback - we definitely have noticed this too. 

We’re currently working with the appropriate teams on updating auto spam detection on the platform given the increase we’ve seen lately. Also, working with the PMs of the community platform to get direct message flagging on the roadmap as this is critical to start taking action on these kinds of spam attacks.

In the meantime, continuing to flag spammy posts is really helpful for us to keeping tabs and taking action on those accounts. If it’s a direct message, you can always send me a screenshot and I’ll go in and take the appropriate course of action on that account. 

Thanks for always looking out for this community, Erik.