This post only applies to users that were members of discourse.looker.com and are looking to log into the new community for the first time. New User? Go here.
So you’re an OG Looker Community member, looking to migrate your account from Discourse to the new community forums? Fantastic.
Follow these simple steps to claim your old account and keep all your posts and tenure. If you need help, please reach out to email@example.com via email and we will assist.
There are two ways to do this:
I used Google Sign-in for discourse.looker.com, or the email address I used for Discourse is a Google account (ie: I use Gmail with it).
This applies even if you didn’t use Google Sign In on Discourse. For example, I signed in with firstname.lastname@example.org using email/password, but because that’s a Google Workspace account, I could follow the steps below. Prefer a video? Click here
- Click “Login”
- Click “Sign In with Google”, and select the account with the email you used for discourse.looker.com on the screen that follows.
- You should be deposited at the home page, all logged into your old account— Same photo, same old posts, etc. Verify this by going to your Profile.
- If you did not get linked to your old account, and instead had to create a new username— Please complete this form to link your account.
I used a non-Google Account email to sign into discourse.looker.com.
Eventually, we will be moving all login to Sign In with Google for security reasons. For now, it’s easiest to follow the steps below. Prefer a video? Click here
- Click “Login”
- Click “Forgot Password” and enter the email address you use for the Looker Community.
- Check your email for the password reset message, and complete the steps there to reset your password.
- Upon resetting your password, you should be all logged in and ready to go!
- If you are not getting a password reset, it is likely because you are not using the proper email address. Complete the Sign In with Google flow and then complete this form to link your account.
See you out there! If you need more help, just reach out at email@example.com.