How do I change my Looker Community username?

Hello!

My username was automatically created and now it contains my first name and surname plus some strange number at the end. Is it possible to change it? How?

I tried to change it on my user profile settings, but I couldn’t realise how. ?

0 5 355
5 REPLIES 5

Hi Ezequiel! I can help you with that; I’ll message you directly 🙂

vikram1
Participant I

@carrie1  I want to change my user name as well. Can you help me out here? 

@carrie1 Hi, sorry to necro an older thread but I’m also interested in changing my auto-generated username!

You can submit any username change requests to lookerconnect-help@google.com. Make sure to mention that you want to change your Looker Community username in the subject of the email. 

You can submit any username change requests to lookerconnect-help@google.com. Make sure to mention that you want to change your Looker Community username in the subject of the email. 

@sara_b I copy-pasted that email address and sent in my request as you mentioned (see screenshot).

1305f855-0d50-4e7f-9a54-c8e8c50c6a20.png

This was then automatically forwarded to lookerconnect@qwiklab.zendesk.com and the representative suggested… to email lookerconnect-help@google.com…

Hi Charlie,

Greetings!

We would recommend you to submit any username change requests to lookerconnect-help@google.com. Make sure to mention that you want to change your Looker Community username in the subject of the email. 

Hope this helps!

Please reach out to us if you still face any issue. We would be happy to help you.

Happy Lookering,

Since this looks to be a copied answer taken directly FROM you, and support themselves can’t seem to help, can you look into where this issue can actually be resolved so I don’t trap myself in a recursive nightmare?