Dashboard filter to update after another filter

ozher

Hi! 

I have a dashboard that has visualitzations from two explores and each explore has two filters on the dashboard like this:

117a6c12-39fe-40b2-8e37-74c3e8fd4a8b.png

What I need is that when I select a value for the Access filter, the Sport Breakdown Access filter updates to match the same value. And the same for the Country and Sports breakdown country.

How can I do that? Apologies if I’m asking something too easy as I’m still pretty much a noob on this

Solved Solved
0 2 1,941
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ozher 

If you want the same value for both filters, I think the best option would be to just have one filter for “Access” and one for “Country” and in the ‘Tiles To Update’ part of the filter settings, just set them to filter all the visuals in one go (even the ones that use the other explore).

To demonstrate, I have an example here that is Brand from one explore and Product Brand from another explore, when I filter on Brand I want the Product Brand to update too.

62bb3b05-9c2e-473f-aa8b-0b6d3356fd26.png

‘Product Brand’ filters Tile 2 and ‘Brand’ filters Tile 1 (ignore the other tiles), but I can delete my ‘Product Brand’ filter and use the ‘Brand’ filter to update both tiles with the same value in the ‘Tiles To Update’ settings:

9dd5b5b8-5509-4c58-b214-b6eb4b735bfe.png

This will work as long as the datatypes are the same (both strings) and as long as you want exactly the same selection for both filters (for example this wouldn’t work if I wanted “Levi’s” for Brand and “Levi’s and Tommy Hilfiger” for Product Brand)

Hope I have understood your use case correctly, let me know if you have any questions.

Connor | Redkite

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @ozher 

If you want the same value for both filters, I think the best option would be to just have one filter for “Access” and one for “Country” and in the ‘Tiles To Update’ part of the filter settings, just set them to filter all the visuals in one go (even the ones that use the other explore).

To demonstrate, I have an example here that is Brand from one explore and Product Brand from another explore, when I filter on Brand I want the Product Brand to update too.

62bb3b05-9c2e-473f-aa8b-0b6d3356fd26.png

‘Product Brand’ filters Tile 2 and ‘Brand’ filters Tile 1 (ignore the other tiles), but I can delete my ‘Product Brand’ filter and use the ‘Brand’ filter to update both tiles with the same value in the ‘Tiles To Update’ settings:

9dd5b5b8-5509-4c58-b214-b6eb4b735bfe.png

This will work as long as the datatypes are the same (both strings) and as long as you want exactly the same selection for both filters (for example this wouldn’t work if I wanted “Levi’s” for Brand and “Levi’s and Tommy Hilfiger” for Product Brand)

Hope I have understood your use case correctly, let me know if you have any questions.

Connor | Redkite

ozher

This worked perfectly! 

Thank you so much 

Top Labels in this Space