"Uh oh. Your save failed."

Hello!

I’ve been getting persistent errors at seemingly random occurences when I try to create a new dashboard and edit a tile. After clicking save dashboard, the error pops up as a red banner as ‘Uh oh. Your save failed’. I would have to close browser and try again.

Any thoughts on why this may occur? What would prompt this error message? Is it a connectivity issue to an API of some sort?

Solved Solved
2 7 5,028
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I’m also experiencing this error. One thing I found is that it always happens when editing a tile that is based on a Look on the dashboard. Once I made a change, the dashboard would not save anymore and the changes on the Look are gone. So I keep making changes directly in the look itself, not on a dashboard

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

I’m also experiencing this error. One thing I found is that it always happens when editing a tile that is based on a Look on the dashboard. Once I made a change, the dashboard would not save anymore and the changes on the Look are gone. So I keep making changes directly in the look itself, not on a dashboard

Interesting. Okay. It seems like I’m not the only one with this error then. 
I’m surprised upon a search, nobody has encountered this yet. I’ll try this workaround. 

49337d33-09c3-415e-b03f-7561897771f4.png

Okay, based on my workflow requirements I’ll need to create a dashboard and save it, instead of editing the look directly. This error consistently pops up depending on certain fields I edit on the data (sorting columns, creating table calculations) and not for others (changing column series labels). 

Can someone from the looker dev team confirm what’s going on? What’s causing this to trip up the save error? Its abit of a fustrating user experience to lose significant amount of work. 

Okay - it turns out that if you change the row limits to a large amount for the tile (e.g. 500) and try to save it, the error will come up. Google Console will show that the API sends back a 413 code which essentially means that the entity is too large.

For anyone that experiences this, try lowering your table row limit to about 300 instead. 

I also experience this issue with the new “dashboard-next” dashboards. The workaround that seems to work for me is to edit the dashboard in the legacy view, remove the -next in the URL make your changes then save it.

mdu
Explorer

Have had several users reporting this error in the last week. What version number is everyone on? We’re on 21.0.41 here.

This is a known issue on `dashboards-next` that the engineering team is addressing. Please grab a .har file and send the file to support via the form on https://help.looker.com/ and you’ll be added to the issue report. 

The workaround is to edit your dashboard in Legacy (you can still view in the -next version)