Question

Md5sum checking for looker-latest.jar

• 26 January 2019
  • 5 replies

In order to support improved automation and deployment of Looker, would you please consider formatting the md5sum to be the official format, (it is only missing one space and then the file name). this would allow a script to verify it as follows md5sum --check looker-latest.jar.md5

The md5sum file as it comes now, generates an error

$ cat looker-latest.jar.md5 a8d866bd71971076646e0c8ca68ba6aa $ md5sum --check looker-latest.jar.md5
md5sum: looker-latest.jar.md5: no properly formatted MD5 checksum lines found

The md5sum file as would be supported by md5sum --check looker-latest.jar.md5

$ cat looker-latest.jar.md5 a8d866bd71971076646e0c8ca68ba6aa **looker-latest.jar**

$ md5sum --check looker-latest.jar.md5 looker-latest.jar: OK

suggestion:

Generate md5sum as follows

md5sum looker.jar > looker-latest.md5

would generate a file with one line as follows

a8d866bd71971076646e0c8ca68ba6aa looker.jar

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

We’ve already got a fix for this one in the pipeline! Thanks for bringing it to our attention. I’ll post here with any more info I come across.

I wrote my own looker upgrade shell script. I hope you all find it useful.

You can find it here

https://blog.cherre.com/2019/05/24/how-to-upgrade-looker-via-bash/

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Thanks for sharing, Ben!

I couldn’t resist addressing one of the gripes— We’re actively working on developing support for k8s! It’s an ongoing project with multiple phases throughout the rest of the year, so I don’t have anything particularly tangible, but it seemed like something you’d be interested to know 🙂

That would be fantastic! hopefully, upgrading would be as easy as changing the version number on the YAML file

This would be awesome