Looker Download Page Shows Only One .jar File (no dependencies .jar file) and "Trial" License Agreement, not EULA

Hi there,

Issue: I entered our organizations Looker key & email at https://download.looker.com/validate, but the download option is just for a single looker-latest.jar and does not include the dependencies .jar that the docs talk about.

Attempting to start up the service with `systemctl start looker` shows `Startup failed. Unable to load java dependencies.`. All the docs call out the looker-dependencies.jar file, so I believe I’m getting this error from not having the dependencies jar.

Also, the download page prompted me to agree the Looker Trial Agreement v1.0. However, reading the docs, I thought I would have to agree to Looker’s EULA, not a Trial agreement.

Question: can you tell me why, when I enter our org’s key & email, we only get 1 download link for looker-latest.jar, and not 2 download links for looker & the dependencies? Also, why were we prompted with the Trail agreement and not the EULA? Is something wrong with our license?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Solved Solved
0 1 272
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I was able to figure out how to see both jar files on the downloads page - for some reason, selecting the “Latest Version” bubble will only show a single jar file for download, but if you select “Specific Version” and then enter something like looker-22.20-latest.jar, you will see both download links appear.

I don’t see the reasoning for the “Latest Version” option only showing a single jar file, since the docs claim that the dependencies jar file is required and also must be of the exact same version as the main jar file. It would have been easier for me if the Latest Version just showed both jar files like normal.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I was able to figure out how to see both jar files on the downloads page - for some reason, selecting the “Latest Version” bubble will only show a single jar file for download, but if you select “Specific Version” and then enter something like looker-22.20-latest.jar, you will see both download links appear.

I don’t see the reasoning for the “Latest Version” option only showing a single jar file, since the docs claim that the dependencies jar file is required and also must be of the exact same version as the main jar file. It would have been easier for me if the Latest Version just showed both jar files like normal.