How to reach Help Center for Looker Studio vs Looker

TL;DR;  Please note that Looker Studio (formally known as Data Studio) is a distinct product from Looker. This page is for technical queries related to the Looker product. For requests related to Looker Studio please open a request in the Google Cloud Console under Looker Studio ".

What has changed?

Data Studio is renamed as Looker Studio

At Google Cloud we are unifying our business intelligence product family under the Looker umbrella, bringing together Looker, Data Studio, and core Google technologies like artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML). Looker Studio is still free, and has the same features as Data Studio.

Important Points:

Frequently Asked Questions:

Whom should I reach out to if I need support for Looker Studio? (aka Data Studio)?

If you are a Looker Studio Pro customer, you will need to raise a case with Cloud Support via the console. To create a Cloud Support case, follow below steps:

• Sign in to the Cloud Support Console page as a support user.

• Select the project for which you'd like to open a support case.

• Open Cases, create case and complete the required fields and submit the form.

Please note support is only available for Looker Studio Pro customers. If you wish to upgrade to Looker Studio Pro, you can do so by contacting sales here.

Whom should I reach out to if I am not a Looker Studio pro customer?

You can use the Looker Studio Help Center which contains How-To articles and a community Q&A: 

You might also find useful the following resources:

Whom should I reach to if I need support for Looker?
You can reach out to Looker Support via 2 options as below:

1. You can reach Looker Support by using our in-app chat application. Click the Chat option from the Help menu in the upper right-hand corner of the Looker application, and enter your question.

2. Alternatively, you can submit a request using this request form (to request email support).

11 4 1,570
4 REPLIES 4

Bit premature doing the rename in my opinion!

Thanks for this post! When you go to the community section of the Looker Studio community, it says "posting is disabled." Are there plans to open it up again?

Informing people will never be enough as they will still prioritise trying to find help over a process. We need a separate community since those are two different products, regardless of how much Google wants them to be connected