Every error is the same (Athena) Error message not found: ATHENA_CLIENT_ERROR. Can't find bundle for base name com.simba.athena.athena.core.messages, locale en_US

ruairi
Participant I

Hello there,

Been using Looker connected to Athena for ~3 years now. But in the last 2-3 weeks a strange error message has begun showing up for every single error encountered.

1b2913a4-6686-4d0f-87a2-e4b2dbaecf88.png

If a query is robust it resolves without issue. But when there is an error, no matter what the problem, that message comes up.

It also doesn’t seem to matter what region I use. We have Looker deployed in EU, US, and AP regions, the locale en_US note still appears.

When I use the Athena Query Editor in AWS and my query errors out, it gives me the “correct” error message, so there’s something gone wrong with the way Looker is talking to Athena. This has been tested on multiple Athena connections with multiple Looker users in multiple browsers, and it still shows the same.

Any guidance at all would be great. It’s a real pain to have to go out of Looker to resolve the query issue, only to return to Looker to continue working.

Cheers,

0 0 99
0 REPLIES 0