End of email notifications about upcoming Looker deployments & release notes

I wanted to provide feedback about the decision to end the email communication of deployments and release notes and moving this into Looker itself.

As a customer using Looker as an embedded BI tool, we just aren’t in Looker every week, sometimes every month. If a breaking change is released we need as much notification as possible to address it quickly for our customers. It was great to get that release email, review the changes and adjust as necessary. Now I’m concerned we’ll have to create a new process that requires proactively going into Looker every week(?) and checking for release notes and deployment information.

Does anyone else feel this is a step backward?

Anyone replace this with some kind of automation?

Thanks!

3 1 213
1 REPLY 1

I have just fully read the email I received about the end of email notifications and am really disappointed, the ease and accuracy of these emails were impossible to beat.

The solution is now in-app guides which although I have yet to experience regarding an upgrade is likely to cause us issues.

• Is this to be fed from live/accurate information on specific instance updates?
  • Can we hide parts of whats available in the in-app guides? I dont want our users reading about an upgrade in this way.
  • We may chose to disable in app guides, from what i have read that means we have no way to find out this information!?