Does the number of Looks created impact Looker overall performance?

I was wondering if the number of Looks my team has created will impact somehow Looker’s overall performance and if we should start cleaning up (deleting) some Looks that are old and/or not being used anymore. What is the best practice? Thanks!

0 1 154
1 REPLY 1

In my experience, it’s generally having huge or numerous models that makes Looker actually run more slowly. The content thing is more from a user experience perspective. If you have a bazillion Looks, it’s going to make searching and discoverability of relevant/fresh content harder.

It’s always a good practice to clean up Looks (or any content) that’s not being used! There’s actually an open source tool called Henry that helps you do just that 🙂

[image] The Problem As a Looker model grows in size and sophistication, it will also experience an ever-increasing number of Explores, Views and Fields. Unfortunately, a common side effect of this is model bloat, which typically means a less than great end-user experience. The Why Henry is a command line tool that helps determine model bloat in your Looker instance and identify unused content in models and explores. It is meant to provide recommendations that developers can validate in order t…