Bug Reporting

Why can’t we report bugs on the forum site any longer?
I was handy to get feedback from Looker, as well as the community whether they experienced the same thing or if you might just be missing something small.

0 6 1,934
6 REPLIES 6

You can still talk about bugs here! Certainly the best way to get a new bug filed and looked at is to reach out to support via chat or help.looker.com, since they’re plugged directly into the bug filing process– But, to your point, it’s often useful to see if others are seeing something or if there’s an easy fix. That’s exactly the kind of thing you can post here. 

There’s no specific “Bug” category, but you can post your questions or “is this a bug?” posts in the relevant topic category (LookML, Dashboards, etc.)

Hi Team , I got below bug in looker analytics. while select is in range filter it is sending Wrong SQL in bigquery to fetch the data . for the range it is sending  Date >= 'Some date ' and Date< 'Somedate' ,where it should be required to issue date "<=" so it will return all the data till the date range , but currently it is showing one day less data .

bug.png

@MMT406  The filter is intended to be before the date selected. So if you select 3/5/24 it will go through end of day 3/4/24. It is noted in the filter verbiage.

I am not able to get it what you are describing ,but for below image selection filter it will show only one day data that is 31 jan .which is issue . if we select 1st date from where boundary start it will automatically get populated which is greater than the first date. so I believe it will not work if the first date is greater than 3/5/24 and the second 3/4/24. Kindly suggest. 

MMT406_0-1709653763981.png

It is working as expected because in the range on the filter it says until (before) which means you have to update your range to be after the end date of what you want the data to be. The way it is worded causes the < to be valid vs the <= you are expecting. So if you put in 2/1/24 like in the screen shot above it is reading it as before 2/1/24 which would be 1/31/24.

Let say if user want to validate some data from the main source , here they are using the same filter for the data range between A and B . here as well they are trying to use like that to get particular window. so for that what can we suggest in that way to get a boundary . lets say 1-feb to 29 feb they want? so which filter needs to be applied for that . Kindly suggest.