gmail signatures

jk2
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

hello, im an admin for my domain.  I want to manager all my users gmail email signatures. how can i do this with the gmail api?

0 8 1,778
8 REPLIES 8

@jk2 Google Provides the dictionaries in how to use the API at https://developers.google.com/gmail/api

Alternatively you can use third-party tools that make use of the API, e.g. GAM https://github.com/GAM-team/GAM/wiki/ExamplesEmailSettings#setting-a-signature 

Hello Mr. Hind, Thank you for replying to my question. I am trying to do this nativly through google admin panel. are you aware of how to add photos with links to the complaince footer?

The compliance footer can't contain images, I'm afraid. Only the actual signature.

If you want to avoid going through all the hassle, there are some really good signature management tools on the market that let you control the signature of all users from a central location, with templates, images and placeholders. Look at something like Exclaimer. It's pretty affordable, too. You're looking at roughly 1.50 USD per user. Just an example. There are quite a few more tools like this available. 

@cryptochrome the compliance footer editor offers the ability to add photos/images:

Screenshot 2022-09-15 14.31.38.png

What @jk2 is asking is how to make the image a link (which doesn't look possible).  I'm running some tests on a demo domain as it doesn't look like you can make the image a link, but having to wait 24 hours for it to take effect has added some delays.

Hey Mr. Hind, yes that is exactly what I want to do. Your screenshot is where I am stuck as well. And it took every bit of 24/48 hours for google to propogate and get my test signature to work correctly. Which is still is not doing. 
If you are able to get the image to be a link then that solve my problem. Please let me know.I am also calling support which is a pain in the ass to get ahold of.

Hi @jk2 

There are a number of solutions on the Google Workspace Marketplace for Email Signature management.

Some are external to Google Workspace like Exclaimer as @cryptochrome mentioned, which appends an email footer as you route your emails through their systems. There are also others like our product Patronum -  https://www.patronum.io/email-signature-management/ that uses the Google Gmail API and updates the user's email signatures with details from the Google Directory.

Exclaimer will cost you around $15.6 USD per user per year ( 1.50 USD per user was the monthly cost) 
Patronum will cost $8 per user per year, and you can also manage user on and offboarding with Patronum too.

See https://www.patronum.io/why-patronum-is-the-best-email-signature-management-for-google-workspace-g-s...

We've been using Patronum for a few years now and it is excellent!!

The claim of being the "Swiss Army Knife for Google Admins" is no understatement! 

Email signatures

Having previously used Exclaimer for a few years, it is also great, but the downside is the data is processed outside of your Google environment, and you need to manually update users as they come and go, whereas Patronum lives natively within your Google Workspace and just follows the users without any manually intervention. 

File sharing

The best thing I love with Patronum is the ability to see what files have been shared by each user, internally, externally, and you can revoke it at a granular level!

Policies to onboard & offboard

There's a lot of cool things Patronum can do, including sharing configs, calendars, contacts, etc. which are not possible or easy in the standard Google settings.

Anyway, give to a go, and FYI we're totally independent and I rarely spend the time to write reviews but when something has made a huge difference to us I want to share it and also acknowledge it publicly; the more successful Patronum becomes the longer we get to enjoy the benefits!!

Hi @jk2, in case you or anyone else is still looking, here is a free tool for Google Admins that allows you to update user signatures on the organization, OU, group, or individual level: Signature Manager for Gmail