Workspace Migrate (AppBridge) question

Hi everyone,

I am hoping to speak with a PM or the team responsible for Workspace Migrate as there have been some questions that Google Support has not been able to answer. We are in the midst of a fairly sizeable migration and I think it would be beneficial if we could jump on a call. Happy to open a support ticket, provide ticket number, and loop in Googlers for the account as needed. 

https://support.google.com/workspacemigrate

0 10 611
10 REPLIES 10

Googlers don't really monitor this forum, so you probably won't find here what you are looking for. If you already had a support ticket open and they weren't able to solve the issues you are facing, it usually helps to loop in your Google sales rep (or Google partner, if you have one). They have the means to get past the notoriously bad first two levels of Google support and get some actual engineers involved. 

thanks @cryptochrome. i think we previously connected regarding r/googlecloudpartners. but yea even as a partner, accessing the right people inside google is a challenge even with googlers involved. right now i'm just going through linkedin to see who previously worked at appbridge and who's still employed at google as i'm grasping at straws, so to speak.

Indeed. It can be a real hassle to get someone competent from Google to support. 

I know you said you're already in the midst of the migration. Keep this one in your bookmarks for future migrations: https://www.cloudm.io/ - We use it all the time for our clients, it is rock solid and runs circles around Google's own migration tools. Can run in the cloud or self-hosted, and affordable, too. 

Good luck!

Thanks, have been using CloudM prior to GWM becoming generally available. I think there is definitely some gap when it comes to reporting, and infrastructure requirement is quite significant (CloudM you can start with a single server, GWM requires minimum of 4).

Hoping for a chance to provide feedback and questions.

The infrastructure requirement is the reason why I haven't attempted GWM. CloudM can work in a hosted environment, nice and simple. The only thing CloudM can't do is move files from one Google Workspace environment to another.

i think he meant "moving" a file vs. "copying" a file. sometimes it's necessary to preserve the file id. 

@brian_kim is correct. Nobody's created an elegant solution for this, yet - not even Google itself.

@christiannewman Google Workspace's Domain Transfer moves and doesn't copy, but it's unavailable to most.

That's right - but like you said, not an option for most. Eventually, I'd love to see this functionality built right into the Admin Console... but for now, that's just a dream โœจ๐Ÿ’ญ