Voice to text in chat spaces

Does anyone know how to use voice-to-text in google workspace shat spaces? Is this even possible? If not, why not?!?!?!

I can click a microphone and speak into google search bar, but I cant speak to text for the chat spaces. This would be INCREDIBLY efficient for me and my team, as none of us can type as fast as we can talk. 

Thanks, this is my first post. I hope I did it right!

0 2 82
2 REPLIES 2

I believe this is actually still a rolling out feature because at first it was only available for Enterprise accounts but now coming to all Workspace accounts per https://workspaceupdates.googleblog.com/2024/03/send-voice-messages-in-google-chat.html

Rollout pace 

Availability 

• Available to all Google Workspace customers and Google Workspace Individual subscribers

Wait, you meant speech to text not the voice messages that is coming out. The Gboard app on all Android devices should be having a microphone that works regardless of what app you are in at that moment (unless a game app)....I have used the microphone in the Gboard to do speech to text in Google Chat several times and seems to work just fine. So what does happen when you do try? what error message are you getting? 

I was more referring to the system transcribing my voice to text. Voice messages are neat and all, but I don't believe that a search for keywords would produce any results if its a voice recording. Is there a feature where we can speak and the software will transcribe voice into text