Super Admin Shared Calendar permissions

As a super admin for a workspace, is there a way to add someone's shared calendar to 'Other Calendars' instead of to 'My Calendars'.
Adding someone else's calendar to 'My Calendars' is making it so that I am receiving notifications about every one of their events and whether or not I want to accept or decline them.

0 9 1,993
9 REPLIES 9

It's probably best for a whole lot of reasons (in addition to this one) to set things up so that your superadmin account isn't the same account as the one you use for your day-to-day work.

As a best practice in terms of security, it's generally best to have your superadmin account be something you log into to do some specific task, then log back out of ASAP. For me, I generally do that via an incognito window (open incognito window, log in as superadmin, do task, close incognito window).

Hope that helps,

Ian

Hi Brian, 

A Super Admin account has special access in the Calendar, and have full access to all calendars in a domain and can see all event details (for example when the 'free/busy' is set, Super Admin can see all the content instead). It is a good practice to not use a Super Admin account for daily activities. As @icrew mentioned in previous reply, Instead you should have one Super Admin account, and a normal account for Daily activities (to avoid the extra cost of the license, you can utilize Cloud Identity Free license for the Admin account). Instead of Incognito windows, you can use Chrome Profiles (https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2364824?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop) to make the access straightforward, save different bookmarks etc

Best,
Marcin

Hi Marcin,

> to avoid the extra cost of the license, you can utilize Cloud Identity Free license for the Admin account

how do you go about doing this? 

I got really excited when I read your post suggesting setting up a separate admin account as this problem was driving me mad.  I've done that, and removed super admin permissions from my main email account but the problem persists - especially on my iphone - i'm getting a crazy number of calendar invites! any idea why this is still happening? (i've deleted and reinstalled the main account on my phone already).  thanks! 

Hey @judewarsop, have you tried to unsubscribe the calendars that you added to your Calendar view when you had Super Admin Rights? - try to do this from a web browser (calendar.google.com), when you subscribe again (while not having Super Admin permissions) you should see the events depending on the calendar settings (e.g. free/busy only) when you do not have any calendars added in your calendar view, Iphone should present only your calendar.

Hope this will help,
Have a good day,
Marcin

We have this problem too, after removing the super admin role (as well as all other admin roles) from an account, the calendars are still under "my calendars" and they can edit everything. Any suggestions?

Hi
Did any of you find a solution to this? Having the same problem here 😕

Also having this issue. Previous Super Admins can still edit other users calenders.

Same for me, any solution found?