Send a 'new item in inbox' notification to external address?

I have some Workspace users who log on very infrequently and so they may not be aware of new email in their Workspace Gmail inbox for a considerable time.  They are generally not sophisticated users and so multiple profiles or similar wouldn't really be a solution.

I could use Admin Console > Apps > Google Workspace > Settings for Gmail  > Routing > Email forwarding using recipient address map  to create a table to forward emails to these infrequent users personal email addresses.  However there are data protection implications for certain emails being forwarded outside of the organisation's domain.

Ideally I'd like to have something similar to the above that could be configured for selective users to send them a 'new item in inbox' message to their personal email address to prompt them to log in to access the new email, which remains confidential to the domain.  

I've not found any solution for this at an admin level.  At a user level, I could use Zapier to write a 'new item in inbox' email with a trigger of an incoming gmail message.  But this is clunky and potentially expensive for a small organisation.

Any suggestions gratefully received!  Thanks

0 0 467
0 REPLIES 0