SSO with GLPI

Hi everybody,

would any of you have tips, ideally step by step process, on how to setup SSO using emails from Google workspace users to access GLPI homepage for ticketing (currently using 9.4.2) ?

best regards

Olivier

Solved Solved
0 3 1,885
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Oliver,

I'm not sure that using an windows Active Directory is the best way, I used an LDAP server (more specifically OpenLdap) because it's flexible and I can connect it with barely everything. 

Using another service between your GLPI and your Cloud provider can be usefull for many reasons ๐Ÿ˜‰

Good luck with your configuration !

Regards,

Shams

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello Oliver,

I managed to do something similar at what you asked 1 or 2 years ago, by the time I couldn't sync Google to GLPI, so I synced Google with an LDAP server and I added another authentication method on GLPI.

To do so :

1. Create an LDAP server. (I used OpenLDAP)

2. Link the LDAP server to your google Workspace environnement (as long as I remember you will need to create a Project on Google Cloud PLatform, create client IDs and declare them to your LDAP). You will need to follow the docs, the configuration may differ with others LDAP servers.

3. Add an "external authentication" profile on GLPI with your LDAP server infos 

(https://glpi-user-documentation.readthedocs.io/fr/latest/modules/configuration/authentication/ldap.h...)

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Shams

Hi Shams,

thank you very much for quick reply.

It sounds like #1 from your list is completed as a Win. AD is already setup in my company.

Step #2 might be more a challenge to me as I am discovering G. Cloud console...

But anyway your steps look like a start point as I did not find any direct solution neither. Best regards, Oliver

Hi Oliver,

I'm not sure that using an windows Active Directory is the best way, I used an LDAP server (more specifically OpenLdap) because it's flexible and I can connect it with barely everything. 

Using another service between your GLPI and your Cloud provider can be usefull for many reasons ๐Ÿ˜‰

Good luck with your configuration !

Regards,

Shams