Restricting email login via IP address

As part of the business, we would like to provide 1 email address (on Google Workspace) to the public to write in regarding their queries. We will also use the same email account to respond back to them. The worry about this is that as the email address is main known to the public, it will be subject to brute force password attacks. Even though we are planning to set a strong password and enable 2FA, there is still the worry that it is not enough. One of my idea is to restrict the IP addresses that can log in to this email account for stronger security. From my research, it seems that this can be done using context aware access setting... but my question is: does context aware access setting allow me to specify the allowed IP via domain name rather than exact IP ranges? The idea is that we will subscribe to a DDNS service to update the IP address of the whitelisted device. I'd be super grateful for any answer or advise on how else I can achieve my aim. Thanks a lot!

1 1 473
1 REPLY 1

Hello Frogmist, 

Context Aware Access IP subnet does not take IP addresses via domain name, but the documentation does have a section about the use of dynamic IP addresses.

Thinking about your business objective, an alternative solution might be to create the public address as a group and help the user monitoring/responding to incoming mail set up Send As access in Gmail settings to be able to send as the group address. 

Top Solution Authors