Reimport emails exported via Vault

Hello everyone,

A user accidentally deleted some old emails, but the 25-day recovery period has passed. The account in question has an Enterprise Plus license with Vault.

Once I have exported the Vault data, how can I reimport it into their Gmail mailbox? Do you have any tools to recommend?

Thank you in advance.

Solved Solved
0 5 1,151
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

on Enterprise Plus you can instead use the Investigation Tool for this operation

Using Investigation Tool with Gmail Messages as the data source, you just find the email, click on the checkbox and select actions > restore messages
see here

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I am not an expert Vault user, I'm more of a novice, but I have plenty of experience and exposure to the user interface over several years. Depending on how many "some old emails" equals, I basically end up printing Vaulted emails to PDF and then uploading to Drive or sending as attachments to the original user. This does not restore original emails that the user can take actions on (i.e. forward/reply/label), but it does give access back to the deleted content. If you want to conduct the former, then what you really need is a true email backup (and restore) tool/system/app.

Thank you for your response. In PDF, that would be great as well. Do you know of a tool to do this?

If on a Mac, this capability is built into the print options box.

If on a PC, I believe you'll need a third-party app that can create PDF's, likely at a small cost.

If on another device, I am not entirely sure.

on Enterprise Plus you can instead use the Investigation Tool for this operation

Using Investigation Tool with Gmail Messages as the data source, you just find the email, click on the checkbox and select actions > restore messages
see here

thank you very much, it works. Have a great day ๐Ÿ™‚