Looking for a social news feed to replace Google Currents on my intranet

I"m currently using Google Sites for my company's intranet solution and we embed some Google Currents Communities into that Google Site for employees to easily post internal company news.

With Google Currents going away I'm trying to find a solution for this. I"ve looked into RSS feeds, but those seem to just pull from other news sources. I need an embeddable solution into my Google Site just for my company's employees to post internal company news... any ideas out there?

2 6 729
6 REPLIES 6

Please check this recent update if it helps:

Google Currents Migration to Spaces in Google Chat

@ajojose33333344  looks like they don't have a solution. I may look into embedding Google Groups into my Google Site as a type of news feed. Looks more like a gmail inbox, but it's functional for now for my company intranet until I find something better... thanks for the comment though, appreciate it.

@paulslater3 we offer a commercial tool for this if you're interested, see: Steegle News for Google Sites 

It's basic but may be enough.

So this is a stand alone widget for purchase that we can add to our google site? I work at the USTA, you ran me through a Steegle demo maybe back in 2021. But that was for a full hosting/website solution. This is a widget we can purchase?

@paulslater3 yes you can purchase the gadget alone and just use that one gadget on a Google Site.

I am an IT at a deaf school and I am having a similar issue. Trying to figure out if there is an alternative Google Currents for free. As cool as Spaces may seem, it is not something school staff can work with. It is still basically a messaging system but improved. Teachers and other staff members are not going to accept this transition. Our school might have to use email for now ๐Ÿ˜‘.