๐Ÿ‘‹ Introduce Yourself!

AndrewB
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for joining the Google Cloud Community. Weโ€™re glad to have you! Please take a minute to create a new post and tell us a little bit about yourself, just use the label "Introductions" when you do.

The questions below will help you get started, but they are by no means required. Feel free to add whatever information about yourself that you feel is interesting. This is all about you. ๐Ÿ™‚

In what part of the world do you reside?

What do you work on?

What expertise do you have to share or what are you learning?

What would you like to get out of this community?

What do you do for fun?

We canโ€™t wait to hear your answers!

AndrewB_0-1624295723823.png

66 296 20K
296 REPLIES 296

What she said! ๐Ÿ˜Ž And I am Majken's very lucky colleague on the right. Getting to google-nerd-out with her on a daily basis! My role is also withing Nordic Choice Hotels HQ Tech department as Business Analyst for Workspace๐ŸŽŠ

Love this @Majken and @EvelynPiros! Agree with @KAM, the shirts are awesome๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks for joining the Community! 

When invited to speak about our Google-verse within our organization, we took the challenge and ran with it! ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐ŸŽŠ  Marie Bantje from the Chrome OS team also has one of Majkens designs!

Thank you for all the love on the shirts! ๐Ÿ˜
Had to Google up and spread the joy when speaking about it at the summit! 
As a fun suprise: Our names are on the back of it, in glitter off course! ๐Ÿ˜‚

google Small.jpeg

@EvelynPiros and @Majken LOVE THAT SHIRT! ๐Ÿ™‚ -KAM

Thank you so much @KAM

@Majken my fabulous and talented colleague made them herself as well as the cue cards for the occasion. A big hit! ๐ŸŽŠ

I'm an IT Admin in our company that is just new in Google workspace, my reason for joining the Cloud Community is to read forums to help us gain new knowledge about the workspace. 

Welcome to the Community @Adminjay2011! Thanks for joining ๐Ÿ˜€

Thank you, looking forward to learning a lot of things with the help of the community! ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi I'm Carlo. Originally from Flanders in Belgium and currently living in Madrid Spain.  I'm a freelancer in 3D animation and post production ( at  www.c3d.be ). I mainly do B2B, B2C advertising and some fiction.
My expertise is both creative and technical. Houdini, Python, ESP, Node Red, lots of stuff to do...
It is always nice to meet people from the same industry in a community.
What do you do for fun? Can't tell you.

Welcome @Carlo_Jongen! Glad to have you here ๐Ÿ‘‹

Hola mi Nombre es Luis Barrionuevo

Vivo en Peru, Trabajo como Asistente TI en una empresa concesionaria de Camiones Volvo

Usamos Google Workspace desde hace mas de 7 aรฑos, hemos visto crecer a esta solucion

Espero encontrar soporte, apoyo y sobre todo mantener a la vanguardia en el uso de estas

herramientas a todas las personas con las que  trabajo, asi como poder aportar en el crecimiento

de Google Workspace. Me gusta escuchar musica y buscar informacion tecnologica y de actualidad

en la nube, soy asiduo de Youtube.

Hola @DeanBC! Welcome to the Community! 

Hi,

I'm Christopher.

In what part of the world do you reside?
I live in Poland.
What do you work on?
Currently I work as a programmer in one of company in my country and also at the university.
What would you like to get out of this community?
I would like to discuss about ideas and features, which can be implemented to help customers and users use them.

Best regards for all ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Christopher! Check out the Q&A forums here: https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Workspace-Q-A/bd-p/workspace-q-a

Glad you joined the Community! @kwinnicki 

ยกHola!

Soy Axel, actualmente resido en Mรฉxico, soy estudiante de preparatoria y estoy por ir a la universidad tomando la ingenierรญa de TICS, me gustarรญa aportar mis conocimientos en los diversos lenguajes de programaciรณn asรญ como tambiรฉn aprender de los demรกs.

Welcome @Axel_Gonzalez

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Hello!

My name is David, currently based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, on the unceded territories of the xสทmษ™ฮธkสทษ™yฬ“ษ™m (Musqueam), Sแธตwxฬฑwรบ7mesh (Squamish), and Selฬ“รญlฬ“witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.

Voor Urban Labs, is a critical urban planning and research company that is directly engaged on issues and ideas related to how cities can better better designed for people. We uncover and present the challenges faced by disadvantaged populations, Indigenous Peoples, and new Canadians as they navigate liveability, affordability, and government policy in order to have a place in the larger discussion and a voice for their communities.

We are a Google-based business, primarily because we value the design of how Workspace works for collaboration and communication. We value tools that enable multi-layered sharing and 'always on' cloud availability of apps, files, and content.

Our goal for being part of the Google Workspace Community is to ensure that we have an avenue to improve Google's platform, and to be part of a forum of technology-minded people who might see the value in ideas that we bring to the conversation.

I am an avid soccer fan, mountain bike free rider, backcountry hiking enthusiast, and a house music DJ. I also enjoy reading all kinds of subjects, novels, and diversions in my Google Books library, and lament the loss of Google Play Music (in favour of YouTube Music, which just isn't as good).

Hi. I currently reside in Geneva, Switzerland, but I've spent a few years in Silicon Valley, Munich, Paris and Zurich.

I'm currently looking after a number of pharmacies in a COO role, and before that I was nearly 30 years in Global Software Product Management Roles (Tibco, Reuters, Effix, Thomson Reuters, SIX Financial), hence I was practicing customer-centric software and service design well before the Internet was known as "the cloud".

It's now two years I am using and administering google workspace, and I have therefore had time to appreciate properly designed features vs those that would benefit from increased focus.

By combining my professional skills and google workspace experience, I believe I can make relevant comments that help improve the software, yet the community could also be a source of inspiration when it comes to identifying new solutions or taking fresh perspectives.

An the personal side, I like running, scuba diving, cooking, and I've just begun learning to play a guitar.

Thanks for joining the Community @pafu!

Hi All. My name is Kyle Horst and I am a Google Sites web designer and intranet developer. I have built literally thousands of Google Sites since 2010 as part of my business, Kirksville Web Design. I'm working on the platform everyday and I hope I can share my tips, advice and examples with others. 

Hi Kyle,

How are you? Is there a way within Google Sites where colleagues can interact with an article/ post/ page? It would be great if colleagues could comment/ feedback on the content within the Google Site.

I think I have asked this before, but just wondered if you had come across anything like this?

Gem

Hi everyone, I live in France and my company is based New York with teams in Tel Aviv and Paris. 

I am the founder and CEO of Shared contacts for Gmail, we help organizations that are on Google Workspace to maximize their contact management.

Hi everyone, my name is Martin and i live in Germany, upper palatina area. I am the co-founder of a blockchain start-up which develops products at the intersection of Blockchain, Fintech and Energy. Our latest product is called Wattify, an impact investment platform allowing anybody to invest in renewable energy assets, starting at 1 USD.

Hy, my name is Max Jefferson, I'm from Brazil, I live in Rio de Janeiro, I love google apps, google tools, I work with mentoring all day, using Google Meet, Drive, Calendar, etc.

Thank you for having me here!!!

Hi all,

My name is Marcelino Moreno, I'm VP of Product at Talkdesk, where I own the Platform that allows Talkdesk to be extended by Customers, Partners and internal teams. 

I'm based in Portugal and for fun I love to enjoy quality time with family and friends. Books, Traveling, Food, Tech, Art, Photography, Chess are some of my pleasures.

I love Workspace products and I would love to be part of some conversations around the future of it.

Hello! I'm Chrii Moral, a Computer Sciences major in Puerto Rico. I'm a freelance graphic artist, brand consultant, and student.

I specialize in systemization & documentation of data processing. I'm also skilled in graphic design & public relations. At the time, I'm also learning about software development.

I want to see what's "out there" in the community, and what things people have to share. I also am very passionate about Google Workspace, their apps, as well as the Android experience, so anything related to those will be exciting to learn about. 

For fun, I'm a developing orchestrator & composer, and I also like writing (as in journaling or story-telling).

Cheers! โœจ

Hi! My name is Wojciech, pronounced Voy-cheh, but you can call me Vov. I am an IT Administrator and IT System Architect in Ekoenergetyka-Polska SA, one of the leaders in manufacturing the EV charging stations in Middle-East Europe, and we are based in Poland, which is where I'd love to send greetings to you from.

Because we are relatively young company, and hiring over 500 employees, we are - on the daily basis - not only learning how to do all of the productive business efficiently, but how to create the new ways of getting things done by fully investing in legacy-free infrastructure, jumping head-first to the future which the market of e-mobility definitely is. All of this in our unique, Polish way.

I'm so excited to be the part of community here, hoping to learn all the tips and tricks to get from the Google Workspace implemented in our organization the last squeeze of it's capabilities, which - so far - seem pretty endless. Although I'm an IT Administrator, I am educated as a software developer, so if I will create something that would benefit the community - I'm not saying no to contributing.

My top priorities in my job are to provide our employees with the education that is needed to unleash their creativity and the ability to adapt in every situation, but at the same time - providing them with comfort of making their tasks easier to do with suited solutions. I also feel the responsibility to take care of the equity and inclusion, as an openly homosexual person myself who celebrates his ethnicity and rich culture.

In my free time, I'm a singer and dancer in the folklore ensemble, I also sometimes sew something nice to wear for myself, experimenting with form every time.

Thank you all, let's do it!

Thanks for becoming a part of the Community @wwlazlak !

I love this: "provide our employees with the education that is needed to unleash their creativity and the ability to adapt in every situation, but at the same time - providing them with comfort of making their tasks easier to do with suited solutions."

๐Ÿ‘‹Hi!
I'm Kimmy and I like to call myself a content creator and digital native. I'm Seattle-based (EverRain - I mean ๐ŸŒฒ Evergreen State). 
Expertise: I'm studying to be a nurse, so healthcare mostly. However, I also immerse myself in design, marketing, and site building. I started my business in 2022 and as of right now, I am continually building and learning since I wear the many hats just like other "solopreneurs" out there. I am here to learn and simply because Google products are โœจ awesome! 

Thanks so much for joining the Community @ikimmybee!

"EverRain State" ๐Ÿ˜…โ˜” 

I'm Bernardo ๐Ÿ‘‹;

I live in Rio de Janeiro - Brazil, and I love working with email solutions. Also, I am the founder of Bybrand - an email signature manager integrated with Google Workspace (see on Marketplace). Tag me here on the forum or use my Twitter if you have any questions related to email problems ๐Ÿ’Œ (DNS, SPAM, Linux, Gmail). Plus, any matter related to the standardization of users' email signatures.

For leisure, I like climbing and hiking. ๐Ÿ’ช

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Hi, there! Teel I lived in Belarus until the autumn of this year. Now I reside in Warsaw, Poland. I've worked in certification sphere. For a long time, I have been visited by the idea of creating a certain software product that would make people's lives a little better and more interesting. Due to the fact that I am not a professional in the IT field, I cannot implement my idea alone. It seems to me that the implementation of my idea will be quite fun!

Hi I'm from Cape Town, South Africa and I work in digital enablement for NGO's. I'm particularly passionate about access in disconnected rural communities. My background is in project management, and I'm here to learn more about using Google for nonprofits effectively.

Thanks for joining the Community @GroupWanderer!

Hi I'm from Cape Town, South Africa and I work in digital enablement for NGOs. I'm particularly passionate about access in disconnected rural communities. My background is in project management, and I'm here to learn more about using Google for nonprofits effectively. 

Hello Everyone,

I am Don McGurn , Partner / Ops Mgr at Blair & leigh Enterprises, LLC 

In what part of the world do you reside? - We are Located in Staunton VA, USA

What do you work on? - Avaya Phone systems, ACO (Avaya Cloud), Routing, Switching, Workspace, Fed Govt Installations, Tmobile, ATT, Verizon, Cradlepoint Mobility

What expertise do you have to share or what are you learning? I do not claim to be an expert in anything. I have been in IT for 20+yrs, I will share any experience I have. At the moment I am learning GCP and Admin Functionalities of Workspace, in particular Best practices for Onboarding and Security.

What would you like to get out of this community? As much knowledge about Admin and Security as possible and meet other like minded humans.

What do you do for fun? Work...  I like to race RC Boats (70mph gas powered weedeater engine), ride dirt bikes(getting a little old and broken for that now....FOR SALE : Honda 2007 CRF450-R $3200) ,wineries, surfing, fishing. and so much more.

Welcome @dmcgurn! Glad to have you here ๐Ÿ‘

In what part of the world do you reside? 1: Ireland, Dundalk Co.Louth.

What do you work on? 2: Housekeeping Hotel.  

What expertise do you have to share or what are you learning? 3: English and Romania. 

What would you like to get out of this community? 4: Help information. 

What do you do for fun? 5: I have a good heart and a child's soul. I remain optimistic at all times. I love nature and adventure. Crazy but in a good way. I can make anyone laugh and be happy. I am a sensitive person but I am strong in what I do in life.

We canโ€™t wait to hear your answers! 6: Help. 

Welcome to the community @Gheorghita23